Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Making Faces with i-crafter's Hello Flower

Hello friends!


Today, I am showing off a really fun pairing of i-crafter's new Hello Flowers die set and their Making Faces die set! I wanted to make something bright and playful with these sets.


When I first started cardmaking, I can remember going to a class that we did a card by stamping "happy birthday" over and and over with different colors, like a waterfall. I though that this "Hello" die would be fun to mimic that technique with. I am a little extra though so I used scraps of glitter paper for my "Hello"s and went from light to dark, layering them just slightly. I backed them in a dark purple cardstock to give some contrast.




Next, I started making my faces! The Making Faces die set has a ton of fun options, I used a sandy colored cardstock, for the two faces. Then I used fun, lightly colored patterned paper for the hair. For the bow and glasses, I used the same yellow glitter paper from the middle "hello". Faces without eyes kinda freak me out so I used a thin marker to add closed eyes to the girls.



My last piece was making a few of the rosettes from the Hello Flower die set. I didn't add the leaves underneath because I wanted to keep them simple. It was a bit of trial and error but I ended up with 3 of varying size and they finished the card off nicely.



I think it is a nice addition to my card stash. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
If you’d like to follow me, here is my blog, Instagram, and Facebook page. Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment