Saturday, February 6, 2021

Bunnies and Mermaids, oh my!

I have two fun cards to share today, I will start with my take on the i-crafter Box Pops, Easter Add-On. I am not big on sending Easter cards, but these little bunnies are so dang cute, they were perfect for sending some happy thoughts!

I started by die cutting the bunny trio from a Echo Park patterned paper of carrots. I added some shading with my lightest Warm Gray Copics.


The die includes a base that normally goes between the sides of the base and I could have easily cut it off, but I decided to leave it and put my sentiment on it. I used another Echo Park Patterned Paper and the Scattered Thoughts Sentiment Stamps. I loved the "Wishing you happy thoughts" stamp since it can work for so many occasions. To stamp it out, I used the Skysail Blue i-crafter Hybrid inks and my MISTI, I had to stamp a few times to get the blue nice and thick to stand out from the patterned paper.


Next, I used some scraps of paper and the flower dies from the Box Pops, Oval Base dies and created a trio to put in the corner of the card. I layered it all and added a little bit of sparkly pink ribbon to tie it all together! I think it's pretty precious!


My next card is combining the Box Pops, Oval Base and the Tunnel Card, Mermaid Add-On. I thought the Oval Base would be a gorgeous stand for the mermaid. I started by cutting the base out from some pretty water paper to give my mermaid a home.


Next up was cutting the mermaid out with Copic friendly paper, then colored the mermaid and her grotto with my Copics. I cut out the back layer from a bright green paper and used scraps to cut out the fish, coral, and seaweed. I added little fishies on the front and back pieces that pop through.


I used the scroll die to stamp the "Wishing you high tides and good vibes" sentiment from the Layered Shells Sentiments, which I cut to fit on the scroll. I added more fish and seaweed to the front of the base.


The finished project is so fun to look at, and I really love it! I hope that you all enjoy too!

Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment