Monday, March 1, 2021

i-crafter Prize Ribbons

 It's release day at i-crafter and I had fun playing with the new Prize Ribbon dies!

I started by creating a Prize Ribbon for my BFF, Molly. She loves candy and I found this super cute patterned paper from Queen and Co. in my stash that reminded me of her. This was my first attempt at the Prize Ribbon, so there was a little bit of a learning curve when I tried to glue the folds together (don't do that!) The key to making these look perfect on the front is cutting an extra center circle out and gluing it to the back of the face to hold it all in place.

 

I used different paper from the same pad for each piece of the ribbon and decided to add Doodlebug Sprinkles to the top add a bit of sparkle. In order to make my bottom ribbons kinda wavy, I used the round handle of the i-Press tool to curl the papers in different directions. 


My next Prize Ribbon is intended for a momma-to-be who is a baby girl! I think this would be SO cute pinned to a dress at a baby shower. I loved this ducky paper that I found to use, the only hard part was keeping them facing the "right" way since you need 3 of the piece that gets folded to create the back part. All in all, I think it turned out pretty sweet!


I used some heart enamel "dots" to embellish this time. I also cut word in the circle instead of using the cut negatives; this added another layer to my ribbon center and let me tie the brown from the bottom ribbons into the top half of the project. 


My last Prize Ribbon is for a momma-to-be expecting a baby boy! This one is probably my favorite. Again, I used the same ducky patterned paper, this time with a blue backing.


I used solid enamel dots this time, no sparkles here! I also used the negative cut out letters. I used the brown paper again to pick up the brown in the lettered paper. I also got a little more brave with my curling and exaggerated the curve more. It looks REALLY nice in person.


I wanted my ribbons to be functional, so I reached out to my local secondhand craft store (yes, it's a thing, and yes it's awesome!), Lost and Found Crafts, to see if she had any pin backings that are often used for jewelry making. I used some thin foam tape to adhere the backings to my ribbons. Plus, I got a big bag of the backings for future projects for super cheap!


This was way outside my norm, but these Prize Ribbons are so cute and easy to put together, I can see creating them for all sorts of events! Plus, I have plans to used the pieces to create a card as well, this ends up being a really versatile set when you look at the pieces individually then put them together differently than they were meant for.


We have five new die sets that are all begging to come home with you this month! Be sure to head over and grab them at i-crafter. Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,
R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment