Thursday, May 27, 2021

Encouraging Matchbox Stories

Hello again friends!

I am excited to share two projects I created pairing i-crafter's Ribbon Rosette Funny Add-On dies & Matchbox Stories dies! The idea behind the Matchbox Stories is that you can give a little pocket-sized message to someone, or keep it for yourself.
 

My first Matchbox, I pulled out some origami paper that I picked up at Dasio in Seattle forever ago to create a sweet outer sleeve for the box. I then used the Ribbon Rosette, Funny Add-On die that says "did my BEST" to cut a sparkly cardstock from a friend's wedding invite. It was way too pretty to just toss! I used the negative letters instead of the full circle. These were glued to the top of the sleeve.


For the base of the Matchbox, I cut out a pretty raspberry pink. I added another piece of the origami paper to the bottom interior of the box. Last, I added a few acrylic roses that have sat in my stash for years.


This box is for me, to help me remember that no matter what life throws my way, I am doing my best, and to try to stay positive in the face of adversity!


My next Matchbox, seems a bit snarky, but I promise, it's filled with so much love. One of my favorite people in the whole world, has a lot of social anxiety. That being said, they push the boundaries of their comfort zone for the people they love often and have to cope at social gatherings despite the fact that they'd rather be home crafting.


She is self-proclaimed as "Socially Awkward" so the Ribbon Rosette, Funny Add-On for this box was really easy to pick! After cutting the words out, I used the oval die from the Matchbox Stories set to cut out the topper for this box.


I used Catherine Pooler's Happy Hearts Slimline Patterned Paper pack for the sleeve purple sleeve and yellow box base. My friend LOVES color and these heart filled papers just make me smile. Once my Matchbox was built, I added small crystal pieces that are intended to encourage positive energy, protection, health, love, and confidence. This will be easy for her slip into her pocket or purse for those uncomfortable social situations.


Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products so don't forget to tag us or use #icrafter when you share!

Until next time,
Rachel Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment