Saturday, May 1, 2021

Dashed Circles, i-crafter May Release

Hi again friends!

It's i-crafter's Release Day and I am so excited to share the new Dashed Circles dies. This set is super versatile and allows you to use your other i-crafter products (and every other company's products) in even more fun ways! The dies cut dashes on two sides of the cut circle creating a positive and negative space that can be used on your projects. I have 3 cards to show you today with fun ways to create using this great new set.

My first two projects use paper from Echo Park's Perfect Princess paper pad. I have two adorable little girls that are getting a package from me soon and I wanted to include some cards for them. 

The first card, I folded my card base out of a dark gray, and took the die to the very edge of the fold. By placing the cutting circle just over the fold, I was able to cut *almost* a full circle card base. My cutting machine didn't fully cut the bottom circle's dashes, I could have recut or used a shim to help it, but decided that I liked the look and kept it as is.


Next, I picked my patterned papers from the Perfect Princess pad, and die cut two Dashed Circles from it, the larger of the two circles is the princesses, the smaller is a sentiment that says "little girls have a magic of their own, princess." 

I added a medium sized Dashed Circle in a bright yellow to contrast with the gray and create space between the two patterned papers. This was popped-up on a thin foam tape, then the smallest Dashed Circle was added to it. I finished the card with 3 light purple heart embellishments from HAI Supply

The second card, I used the same paper pad, but wanted to show off a few more tricks the Dashed Circles die set can do! I started with a blue-green card base then cut down another piece of the yellow to add on top of that. I cut out various pieces of the patterned paper that I wanted to include. Next, I took a medium sized Dashed Circle die, and added the die one size smaller in the center of it. I cut both of these at the same time, creating a frame for my unicorns (I lined up the outer circle dashes on both the unicorns and the frame) and a back layer for my crowns.



After playing with the layout of the 4 patterns, I turned my attention to the sentiment circle "You're a princess". In order to highlight this circle, I positioned the smallest Dashed Circle die in the top left of the yellow layer, creating a negative space that opened up to the blue-green base. I added foam tap to the back of the sentiment to give it more depth. I finished this card off with some Raspberry DoubleClick Skittles.

My last card is super shiny! I stared with a black card base to make the Holographic Cardstock pop more, in the center of this shiny layer, I used second from the smallest Dashed Circle die and cut a negative space. I used this to line up the location for my Halo Lights. I added the center cut piece of the Holographic Cardstock to help the light reflect upwards more (black tends to absorb light so this helped more go upward.) I also used a metallic blue marker to fill in the rest of the black, thinking I would be using vellum to fill the negative space, which I later decided against.


Next, I cut out 2 partial Dashed Circles from a striped pink cardstock scrap. I grabbed the scraps of my yellow cardstock from earlier and cut out "Shine on" for the top circle, and "like a" for the bottom circle with i-crafter's Carly alphabet dies. For "diamond" and to fill the negative space in the center, I used Light Blue Metallic Paper.


I finished the card off with Diamond Clear Jewels from HAI and by writing in "Push" since I failed to stamp it before I glued everything together! Here is a short video show off card all lit up!




Head over to i-crafter to get the new Dashed Circles die set, and check out the other wonderful new release items too! Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,
R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment