Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Grandma Dot's Mini Album

Hello again friends!

I am excited to share my take on the new i-crafter Mini Divider #2 die set! This set pairs perfectly with the Mini Album, Accordion die set. My project was inspired by photos I found of my Grandma Dot, Dorothy Jean Gabel. I turned my pages sideways to make it feel like opening a file, or at least that's what it seems like to me.

I started by picking out some scrapbook paper that felt vintage to me and die cutting out the divider page from Mini Divider #2, and distressed the corners using some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo using my i-Brush Blender Brushes. On the tab, I hand wrote "Memories of...", then used the Alphabet, Heather Upper and Lower dies to spell out Grandma's name.


The final touch for this page was a flower from the Mini Divider #2 set. I used solid cardstocks to die cut it, then used the i-Press Burnisher & Pad to add a soft curve to the petals.


The first four interior pages were cut using the Mini Album, Accordion die set and scrapbook paper. Next, I used the frame from the Mini Divider #2 and cut the picture of grandma down to fit in the frame. I had scanned the original images and printed them out using my Sprocket Plus printer. Then I used a deep pink cardstock for the actual frame in Mini Divider #2 and the small banner in the Mini Album, Accordion die set. I kept it simple and just wrote her age on the banner. This page was finished off by a few flower embellishments that have been in my stash forever!


My next page is of my grandparents on their wedding day. The image is a bit blurry but for 1940, I think that may be common! I love how sweet my grandma's dress was and my Grandpa Don's suit is SO dapper!

I added the layering page from the Mini Album, Accordion die set that I cut out using a piece of lace scrapbook paper for under this page. To write on, I used the hexagon in the Mini Divider #2, I added my grandparent's names and the date. I learned making this project, that my grandparents were married on my birthday! I used a light Distress Oxide ink and my i-Brush Blender Brushes to distress the heart in the Mini Album, Accordion die set to fill the blank space below my hexagon.


The page above their wedding day image shows my grandparents on celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. For this page, I used the deep pink cardstock leftover center from the frame in Mini Divider #2 to write on. I added a small heart cut from the lace scrapbook paper, and brushed the edges with the Antique Photo Distressed Ink. I die cut a space for the heart in the deep pink paper, this made the lace heart inlaid. I added the "Adorable" word die from the Mini Divider #2 set here as well.


The next two pages were the back of the "book" created by Mini Album, Accordion die set and then another divider page from the Mini Divider #2 set. On the top page, I added a picture of Grandma and her 12 children, they were celebrating Dorothy's 80th birthday. The divider page I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 

For the bottom page, I added a tiny banner cut from scraps that coordinated with the color palette I used throughout the book and the banner dies from the Mini Divider #2 set. I handwrote the names of Grandma's kids on a kraft scrapbooking sticker from my stash and added tiny flower embellishments to the corners.


Close up of my banner, I was struggling to thread the twine and didn't have a needle to help me, instead I glued the twin down and then layered the banner pieces on top of it.


My grandma had a special connection to her daughters, so my next page is the Gabel Gals. I used the frame die from the Mini Divider #2 set to cut down the picture, and added the frame to the outside. I used the center piece from the frame to write out their names in white gel pen. For the flower, I took one of the flower dies and cut it out 7 times, and glued them together. Then used the page die to cut the flower down so the corner was rounded to add to the top left of the page.


The last page that I completed (because I left it open to be able to add on to in the future) is of Dorothy and her sister Delores, my Auntie. For this page, I used the layering page from the Mini Album, Accordion die set to cut out a cream dotted piece of scrapbook paper. To add some texture to the page, I used the die strip of three lines of holes from the Mini Divider #2 set, this allows the light blue paper to peek through. I added the "this is" piece from Mini Album, Accordion die set and wrote below that. To complete this page, I used the negatives from the "this is" to add "sis" to the bottom left.


Here is a flip through of the book! I apologize in advance for it being shaky! 


Head over to i-crafter to get the Mini Divider #2 set and check out the other wonderful new release items too! Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,
R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment