Friday, July 2, 2021

Lighting Up the Sky with Fairy Magic!



Today, we’re sharing lots of whimsical cards that will really brighten your day. They feature dreamy new stamps and dies from Scrappy Tails, and with a little help from Pear Blossom Press, they all light up! Be sure to hop along with us for lots of inspiration; our designers have come up with some stunning cards...

Now, for my card! I am so obsessed with this card you guys.


The entire June release from Scrappy Tails is really magical but I selected the Fairy Girl to begin my card with. I stamped her using my MISTI 2.0 onto watercolor paper. I used two different yellows on her hair (these were given to me and I'm not sure of the brand.). For her skin, I used Crayola Colors of the World Markers, I scribbled these on my palette then used them as watercolors. For her wings, I broke out these AMAZING watercolors from HydraColour on Etsy the blue of the wings is Scarab, with a bit of Poseidon over top in certain places, the purplish color is Fantasia. Her shirt is the Purple from HydraColour's Neon Pan Dot Card.

I mixed a few dark blue and dark purple watercolors together and did a quick wash of the color on a sheet of watercolor paper for the background. Next, I used Deco Foil Foam Adhesive and a White Latte Flock Sheet to create the cloud border with Scrappy Tails' Cloud Frame Cover Plate.

I came back to my watercolored indigo background and placed my Fairy Girl and Cloud Frame to see where I wanted my Crescent Moon die (which was an incentive die from the June release). I cut the moon out of the watercolored background, then used a gold cardstock scrap to die cut my moon. To create the holes in the background under the wings, I used a cloud die from the Scrappy Tails' Cloud Frame Cover Plate set that was the perfect size to create a hole that filled most of the center of the wings.


Next, I flipped the card over and backed the hole in vellum. I decided to use 2 EZ-Lights so that each hole had 2 LED lights since they were rather large spaces. I use glue dots to attach the top of the EZ-Light to the back of the card front, then used washi tape to wrangle the wires and position the LEDs. My next task was lining the back of my card front with Crystal Clear Double Thick Foam Tape before I could flip it back over to finish the front.
 

I used a few stars from the Scrappy Tails' Cloud Frame Cover Plate in the gold as the moon for embellishment. The largest star, I wrote "Push" on and placed in the "sweet spot" that if it's pushed on just right will activate both EZ-Lights.
 

Now, I very rarely put sentiments on the inside of my cards, but I just loved this sentiment from Scrappy Tails' Fairy Friends stamp set. I stamped it using Catherine Pooler's Juniper Mist Ink and my MISTI.

This card is honestly one of my new favorites and in the dark it's even more stunning, all lit up.


Here is a little video of it in action!


Be sure to visit are blog to get more inspiration and more entries into the giveaways!

Rachel Winn (You are here!)
Teresa Plunkett (Your next stop!)

We’d love to see what you would create with these lovely new products, so we’re giving some away! Scrappy Tails and Pear Blossom Press are each giving away a $25 store credit! Comment on this post by July 9, 2021 to be entered to win. Winners will be announced on July 12th.

Thank you for stopping bye and I will see you soon!

R. Winn

20 comments:

  1. That half moon lit up is so cool! Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent placement of the lights. Great use of the various coloring media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon is so cool with the fairy....love the light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I LOVE the moon! Way to make it SHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card...TFS๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us on this collab hop Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! The lights add such a great touch!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are killing me! every idea is like opening a creative door. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the fairy girl and those halo lights! Need to order me some!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful night scene with that awesome moon and lovely fairy! The lights look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The EZ lights make the beautiful image come to life do pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. I like the colors and the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice detail for the moon. Great idea share combining the lights.

    ReplyDelete