Thursday, July 1, 2021

Christmas in July with i-crafter

It's Christmas in July time for i-crafter! Today I am sharing a home decor piece that I created using the new Folded Holly die set. I started with an 8"x10" canvas that I coated in Modge Podge and liquid adhesive. 



Next, I ripped up scraps of cool blue toned scrapbook paper then pasted them onto my canvas. I love the results, it looks like a scrapbook paper quilt to me. I covered the entire thing with a clear glossy sealant. 

For the Folded Holly, I die cut 3 holly leaves from a rich green cardstock. I used the i-Press to crease my leaves. The trick with these was folding the two sides together. Once I got them together and adhered them, I used the i-Grip tweezers to hold the sides together while the glue dried.


I used scraps from a dark glittery red cardstock for the larger circle of the berries, a bright red cardstock, and white scraps for the little white dots. In order to add a bit of dimension I used the round circle end of the i-Press to burnish the backs of the berries so they're a little bumped out. I added a fourth red circle behind the 3 main circles.


I wanted to add a little something to the bottom of the canvas so I used "Merry Christmas" word dies from the new Christmas Words set to cut two sets out, one from black cardstock and another from the bright red cardstock of the berries.

Home decor isn't my typical project style but I had SO much fun making this canvas! 

Head over to i-crafter to get the Folded Holly and Christmas Words sets and check out the other Christmas in July new release items too! Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.


Until next time,
R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment