Thursday, July 8, 2021

How about Hanukkah in July?

Hello again!

Today I am showing off the new i-crafter Holiday Words dies paired with the i-crafter Snowflake Border die set on two cards.

I wanted to my cards today to have a Hanukkah theme rather than Christmas. There are plenty of other holidays celebrated in December that we can begin to prepare a card stash for now, plus I happen to know some amazing folks who celebrate Hanukkah, I will be sending these cards to them!

To start my first card, I began by cutting some Erin Lee Creative Holographic Cardstock down to 4"x 5.25" & then die cut my "Happy Holidays" out of the center. I angled the dies slightly to add a touch of whimsy. For this card, I used the negative space created by cutting out the words, I set my words to the side to use in my second card. I trimmed some blue scrapbook paper down to fit on my card base, leaving it slightly larger than the Holographic Cardstock so there would be a nice layered look when I finished.


Next, I backed the Holographic Cardstock with foam tape to add some dimension to the card. Once this was placed, I used the center bits of the words to fill some of the negative space and make it easier to read.


I die cut snowflakes using a blue glitter cardstock. The snowflakes are a mix of the extra dies in both the Holiday Words and the Snowflake Border die sets, along with the smallest 3 snowflakes being negatives from the border die itself.

My second card also pairs the i-crafter Holiday Words and Snowflake Border die sets. I chose a 5.5"x5.5" white card base for this project. I die cut the snowflakes from each die set using Holographic Cardstock to match the words that had been set aside from the first card.


Next, I took the same blue glitter cardstock as I used in my first card and cut it down to 5.5"x5.5". I should have laid my words down and made sure that I was happy with the fit first, instead I eyeballed it and as a result my words are closer together than I would have liked and "Holidays" dips into the snowflake border a bit.

A "pro tip" when using the Snowflake Border, this die is so intricate that some of the pieces take a extra passes through the machine or even a precision cutting plate if you have on, which I don't instead I run it through twice with the die facing sideways, then another two times with the die facing up and down.

I glued everything together flat with no foam tape and no extra embellishments other than the snowflakes that I had die cut. Even with the "imperfections" in these cards, they are absolutely gorgeous and I am so excited to send them this Winter!

I hope that you’ve enjoyed my cards and that you feel inspired to go create! Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products so don’t forget to tag us or use #icrafter when you share!

Until next time,
R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment