Thursday, April 1, 2021

Slimline Fun with i-crafter

It's release day at i-crafter! I am showing off 2 ways to use the new i-crafter Slimline Windows die set. I wanted to play with some alcohol inks because I have so many mediums that just don't get enough love! Since the Yupo paper that I have is too short for a slimline card, I used glossy photo paper instead. I picked a Brea Reese Slate ink, then Tim Holtz purple and green inks. I was trying to create a dark contrast, it's definitely not perfect, but it worked beautifully when cut out using the Slimline Windows die. I used a dark teal paper for the frame, again cut from the i-crafter Slimline Windows die. I added the alcohol ink rectangles and squares to the teal frame.

Next, I cut the "Hello" and "Friends" dies out 3 times, two backed with the i-stik adhesive sheets. I stacked the cut outs and created some depth on the card. I went over stacks with a black Wink of Luna brush pen and the words have a nice shimmer to them!

Next, I cut out the cute little heart die, 3 times. I used a bright white and a hot pink for the hearts. These, I popped up with foam tape. Finally, I finished the card off with 3 of the arrow dies from the Slimline Windows die set, this was cut out of scraps of silver glitter paper.


Next, I used the Slimline Windows die set to create a fun coffee themed shaker card. I am trying to used colors that I don't normally reach for, and picked a mustard colored cardstock for the background, then a grass green for the frame. I backed my frame with acetate. 

Next, I used a skinny foam tape to back the frames and create a solid space to put my shaker bits. I decided to do 3 of the square windows for mini shaker sections. I used some coffee themed shaker bits in the squares, then took the coffee mug die from the Slimline Windows dies set and created one more shaker section at the bottom of the card with 3 of the mugs.


I finished the card off with a white "Hello" from the Slimline Windows die set, this I glued on top of the acetate in one of the rectangles.

Head over to i-crafter to get the new Slimline Windows die set, and check out the other wonderful new release items too! Be sure to join the i-crafter Facebook Fan Club, then follow us on Instagram, and Pinterest too! We love seeing all of your creations using the i-crafter products.

Until next time,
R. Winn

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pair of cards! I am digging the new dies! Welcome Spring!

    ReplyDelete