Sunday, September 15, 2019

Teen Detectives Box

Hi friends!

It's no mystery that we are excited about our newest Limited Edition box at Kindred Stamps! The theme this time around? Teen Detectives! This box includes a 6"x8" stamp set, a custom paper pack, a custom washi tape, a loose glitter pot, and an amazing stencil; there are a few other things, I just can't think of them right now.

Any who, I created 3 fun projects using this set, take a look...

My first project involves two of the detectives, and their furry counterpart! I colored the girl using Copics, but the boy and the dog were colored using Chameleon Markers. 


For the background, I started with a grey paper, for a dusky sky feel. The trees are different shades of green scrap paper I had in my overflowing scrap drawer, cut out using an old Stampin' Up Christmas tree die set. I layered the different sizes and shades to feel like a forest.  I had planned on just placing the kids and dog in front of the trees, but because I had used different dimensional adhesives to layer, there was an odd gap beneath them. I decided a road using Tonic Expanding Mousse, I mixed about 5 different colors, attempting to make brown. I ended up with more of a gray, and it looked like a gravel road after heating it with the heat gun!

I typically leave the insides of my cards blank, but... this sentiment just seemed perfect to me! I used Catherine Pooler Orange Twist (which matches the girl's sweater!) and stamped it out right in the center of my card.



Next, I wanted to use the awesome tie dye stencil included in the Teen Detectives Box. Brianne had done an awesome background on white, so I decided to go with a black background and used Distress Oxide inks and my toothbrush makeup brushes to create a tie dye background. Next, I used a Stampin' Up Star die to cut out the center of the card to let the blue base show through.


I always felt these two kiddos had that "young love" thing going on so they felt perfect to make a "love card!" I used banner dies from The Stamp Doctor to cut out the two sentiment banners, and placed them in opposite corners. I finished my card off with a few sequins from the box.

My last card, I had no more teens left to use, nor the energy to color up more. I did have this fantastic star cut out from my other card though... and the custom washi tape included in the Teen Detectives box! I layered 5 strips of the washi tape onto my white cardstock, then used foam adhesive to pop up my tie dye star. 


On my star, I used Brutus Monroe Alabastar Embossing Powder to emboss my sentiment from the Teen Detectives stamp set. Then I took a small brush and Tonic Crystal Glaze and brushed it over and around the sentiment, I used the loose glitter in the box to dust over it. The glaze really allowed the glitter to stay put and not fall off!

I finished the card with some of the sequins in the Shaker Pack included in this box!

I hope you've enjoyed my cards, and cannot wait to see what you make with your own Teen Detectives Box!

~R. Winn


2 comments: