Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Witch Please!

Hello friends,

I'm showing off a fun new set from Kindred Stamps today called Witch Please, this set will be available on Friday, September 27th! This set features a lovely little lady, and her ever-watching cat.

I started by coloring the friends up using Copic Markers. I kept them simple with no fuss. 

Next, I went to work building a fantastic background for them to have behind them. I wanted it to look like nighttime in front of the family graveyard. The back of the card front is a light gray (I know it looks white but that's just the lighting!) I took a white piece of cardstock and blended Catherine Pooler's Twilight ink over it lightly. I got a new stencil from Stencilgirl that has the neatest looking clouds and used it with Deco Foil Metallix Black Ice and of course, my Stencil Pal, to make a bluster evening full of menacing clouds.


Next I took to my Jane Davenport die cutting machine (because it's mermaid, duh) and used a set of dies from Stampin up to build the family graveyard. I wanted the background to be darker so I went with black for the tree and ground there, and gray headstones.  The fence and my foreground grass I used color to bring us forward to the friends who are in full color!

For my sentiment, I used a set of banner dies from The Stamp Doctor, that aren't released, yet but I use this set constantly because it allows me to layer my banners, and has tons of sizes so I get exactly the right size! First, I stamped my sentiment using Nocturne VersaFine Clair on a red scrap that matches my girl's sweater and headband. I layered that over a scrap of white sparkly paper. 

To finish off, I added a few bat sequins I had picked up at Target last year!

The entire Kindred Stamps September release will be available Friday, September 27th at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

You've made it this far, make sure you leave a quick comment, maybe tell me what you or your kids are going to be for Halloween, to enter my drawing for a $10 Kindred Stamps Gift Certificate! I will leave my drawing open for a week and pick a winner on October first. Be sure you include your email address in your comment or I will not be able to count it since I won't be able to contact you!

Until next time my pretties!

~R. Winn

20 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE your little scene! Great sky and gravestones! AWESOME! meghan.kennihan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love the background, the little bats and the cat. My son isn't little anymore but I usually dress up as a scarecrow to answer the door. mkndigger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card. Great scene. My daughter is going to be Jasmine with her stuffed tiger as Rajah. I'm going to be Iago. Silverroseuk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is great. My daughter would love it because that is one of her favorite phrases! My kids are grown up so I doubt they are dressing up. I might dress up as Wednesday Addams. amshaver@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! We all need a little black cat to help us along. Great card! eagled4ever@yahoo.com Stephanie Fuller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card—Might have to CASE it. 😁 Who knows if our teenager will dress up—I never do Rhianna.villa@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids are too old to dress up....but grandgirl might be a superhero! Who knows! Today she said she wanted to be a dr so she could fix her mommy! Great card with all the dimension and great sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scene you created here, and you colored her perfect! Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the depth in the scene of this card. The bat sequins are a perfect touch 💕 I think we have an Ash, pikachu, and someone from descendants this year with our 3 kiddos. Holly.reifke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card!! So creative. This year I’ll be going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Love the scene you created and especially that cute kitty!
    No kids at home any longer, but I have a simple bat costume for myself. It's some sparkly wings and a headband with some pointy ears, and I wear those with some black pants and a black t-shirt!
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card!

    My daughter and her friends are doing a group theme of Angels and Devils/Demons. We just bought some black wings...can't wait to help her figure out the rest of her costume!

    eagled4ever@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute! Everything coordinates so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet scene. Love the bats... and especially the sentiment! As for a costume for Halloween. I have no children so I'll be the one in costume. Think I'll be a slightly frumpy, middle-aged lady. Oh wait... that is my usual costume! :)
    (We usually have a costume day at work and I am thinking I'll go as a cat lady. Will wear a fluffy robe and slippers, out curlers in my hair, stuff the pockets with beanie baby kitties and pin a few climbing up the robe hem.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the scene you created!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete