Monday, April 22, 2019

Throwing it Back to a Time Of Peace and Love


Hi friends! I have a couple groovy cards to share with you today! I'm showing off the cards I designed using the newest Kindred Stamps set, "Peace and Love". 

My first card shows is a no-line "faux" watercolor version of the van that is in this set. It's literally my favorite piece of this set. I used Ink On 3's Fade Out Ink to stamp, then watercolored using Catherine Pooler Inks, and a Tombow Blender marker.


Next, I stamped out the lava lamp and the peace sign using more Catherine Pooler inks to create a patterned paper strip. I layered both the van and my patterned paper onto some black cardstock to really have those colors POP! I added a few gem flowers to the side after stacking these panels.

To finish the card, I used a set of layered banner die cuts, and stamped out the sentiment. 

My second card, I remembered making a gatefold card a few years back that I thought would be really fun to use for this idea. I colored my little hippie girl out, again, no-line, I used a light tan Memento ink this time since it's what I had on me, I prefer the Ink On 3 Fade Out ink, but made due. I used Copics to color this time. Next, I decided to put her in a frame from a Lawn Fawn die cut set that I had picked up from Kraftgali a while back. Behind her, I used a kind of wallpaper feeling patterned paper, and for the frame, I used a light grey distressed looking patterned paper. 


To build the card itself, I kinda just winged it. I played with measurements of the sides until I was happy, then layered panels I created using Catherine Pooler Be Mine ink and the Kindred Stamps "Basket Weaver".  I added the framed hippie, and a few peace signs to "embellish", then placed the sentiment going vertically up the card.  To close the card, I used a couple of banner "flags" and a heart die that I placed so they closed interlocked, then a piece of pink twine was added for good measure!

I have been trying to create more birthday and celebration cards, and my mom complained that my cards don't have sentiments inside, so I added a second sentiment from the "Peace and Love" set to the inside with the same Lime Rickey ink from Catherine Pooler that I used for the peace signs. Tada! Birthday card for the stash!


The entire Kindred Stamps April release will be available Friday, April 26th at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

I hope you've enjoyed my cards, and make sure you check out my teammates' work as well for more inspiration.

~R. Winn

2 comments:

  1. They are both magnificent cards. I love this hippie stamp set. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete