Monday, March 18, 2019

Let's Stick Together!

Hello again friends!

I'm absolutely in love with this month's Kindred Stamps new release line up. I got to play with "Stick Together", which features two adorable hedgehogs! The sentiments on this set cover all sorts of occasions too.

I made two cards, my first card is fairly simple, I used Kraft paper on top of a white base. On the craft paper, I used the heart from "Stick Together" and stamped it randomly about halfway up the card using a red Distress Oxide ink.

I used the hedgehog on his back and colored him using Copic Earth tones. I also colored up a heart using light pinks then cut them both out and had the little guy hold the heart. 


I picked the "I love you even when you're prickly" sentiment and stamped it on a white banner. To finish the card off, I added a few Queen & Co pokey embellishments. Like I said, simple, but I think whomever ends up receiving this card will smile!

My next card is a little... more! I love this little sitting hedgehog, and the butterfly is just so cute. I colored this hedgehog up a little lighter. I colored the butterfly orange and had him land on the hedgehog's nose. I bent the butterfly in the middle so one wing was up. 

To create the background, I used the Witt & Sass Hill Builder Stencil (no longer in business 😞). For the grass, I blended Catherine Pooler Mardi Gras and Eucalyptus. The sky is a blend of Catherine Pooler Baby Boy and Skylight.


I took Memory Box Stitched Cloud dies and covered them in Ink On 3's Liquid Pixie Dust using a paint brush (I covered 4 clouds with only 2 drops, and while the picture doesn't show it well, they are heavily covered in sparkles). Next, I took my Tag #1 die from The Stamp Doctor, and die cut my sentiment, which I stamped in Catherine Pooler Mandarin Spice ink. I mounted my card onto a gold foiled base from Michaels.

I hope that you've enjoyed my take on "Stick Together" and cannot wait to see what you dream up with this set! The entire Kindred Stamps March release will be available Friday, March 22nd at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to check out the Kindred Stamps blog on Friday for the full product release as well as the complete line up of all the Kindred Stamps Design Team projects from release week! If you visit and comment on all of the designers' blogs this week, you could win $15 in Kindred Stamps shop credit! So join the Fan Club and release event, show the design team some love, and get ready to empty those wallets this Friday!

~R. Winn

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is just too cute! I love the bottom card with the butterfly on his nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know that the hill stencil is no longer available. I would have gone looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the cutest! Darling cards! I love the hedgehog set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your second card is so cute with that little butterfly on the nose. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute ideas! Love the cute little hedgehogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! Love the butterfly on his nose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute set and cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet cards! I love the cool swirly clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards but I especially love the clouds in that 1 porcupine card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are just Darling! Love your sweet hedgehogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little critter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete