Saturday, March 2, 2019

Catcher of the Beasts CAS Card

Today, I'm here with my take on a CAS(ish) card. We were trying to find inspiration for a make and take for the Simon Says Create event later this month since Kindred Stamps is hosting a Make and Take table. We needed to know which shade of green ink to use, so I got inky!
Now, I didn't have the stamp set that will be used for the event (shocking, I know!) so instead, I pulled out Cather of Beasts to try out the concept instead!
I started by stamping my gentleman using Memento Tuxedo Black then do a rough fussy but around him. I placed the cut out image on my card front, but did not tape him down. I took the little plant beast and stamped him several times using Distress Oxide in Pine Needles ink. I kept the plant to the bottom half of the page so they kind of grouped around my gentleman. 
I colored up my gentleman and used a few dimensionals to pop him up off the card. I used Catherine Pooler Icing On The Cake to stamp the sentiment. Then I mounted the card front on a pre-cut brown card base that matched the color of the sentiment.
Normally, I am a fan of embellishments and couldn't stand to leave an image uncolored but I felt like this simplicity worked for Catcher of the Beasts quite well! Hopefully you have enjoyed my take on a CAS card, I can't wait to see what you chose to do with Catcher of the Beasts yourselves! 
Until next time,
R. Winn 

1 comment: