Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Friendship Cards - Tropical Party

Ready for some bright colors? I got to play with all sorts of fun things this week! This week I'm sharing the Witt & Sass Stamp Co's Tropical Party stamp set!

I started by creating a card for the #wscardchallenge "Black & White, POP of color, and ribbon". I picked a few patterned papers that were black and white but complemented each other and layered them. I colored up the pineapple with Copics for my POP of color and put it on a white square. I wrapped two corners with black glitter ribbon.


I love the sentiments on this set, they're super fun and are all about celebrating yourself. I chose "Celebrate Your Weirdness" and heat embossed it using Brutus Monroe's Raven Embossing Powder. I added a few black DoubleClick Skittles and a few clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh to finish off the 3" x 3" card!

My next card is the main feature! I freaking LOVE this flamingo. It's tall, and fills a card well, and is SO cute. I knew I wanted a one layer card. I find that they are hard for me, I flounder when I don't get to add lots of die cuts or embellishments because that means getting things right the first time, no mistakes!

I started by stamping out the flamingo and coloring him up using my Copics (I had to go get more pinks because what I had wasn't cutting it!) After he was done, I masked him off and then used the Wave Background Builder stencil to put him on a golden sandy beach.  I used Catherine Pooler blues and a blending tool for the water, then added the sand in using Delicata gold.


I topped the waves off with the darkest blue using the Background Builders Sand & White Caps stamps. Then added a few sandy details in the same Delicata gold to complete the scene.

Again with these sentiments, they rock! "In a world of pigeons you are a flamingo!" went directly next to the flamingos lower legs and I embossed it in Brutus Monroe's Mermaid Tail powder. In order to finish the card off, I went ahead and put it on top of a bright tropical patterned paper!

I hope you've enjoyed my makes, and want to invite you to join us on Facebook to see the rest of the team's projects, and share your own too!

See you soon!

~R. Winn



1 comment: