Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Monster Party with i-crafter!

It's release day with i-crafter and that means I have something spooky to share! I got to play with the new Impossible Box, Monster die set and created 3 fun projects to inspire you!

We'll start with my favorite, I'm calling this one a coffin. I used the pieces meant to create a mummy to create the coffin. I created different colored by smushing multiple shades of Catherine Pooler brown inks onto a sandy colored cardstock. I spritzed the cardstock, sponged some color off with a towel then blow dried it most of the way with my heat gun. Next, I used the Kindred Stamps Woodgrain stencil and dry embossed the cardstock to create a wood texture. 

I cut the mummy pieces out repeatedly, and added a few of the vampire hair pieces in as well (with the points covered by the other pieces.) My box was a darker solid brown. I covered all four sides and the bottom of the box with these panels layering them so they looked like a roughly built coffin. I chose to use red and white for the eyes to make them really POP out at you. The top I left as is so it didn't interfere with the open/close mechanism.

Next up is a fairly simple box! I used old Halloween patterned paper from a Graphic 45 paper pad to create a simple box, I added some bat sequins that I found in the dollar section at Target. I really love that this box can be used dressed up or stand-alone!


I wanted to show the box in use so I added a few of the bats to the inside... then spilled them out for effect. 


Last, we have the first box I created. I want to put the disclaimer out there that this was my learning curve box and it can be done much better than this one... but he's sure a cute little vampire either way!

I added details using Copic markers, using Cool Grays for his hair, blue to add details to his eyes, and red to color his lips. I added buttons to his vest and shirt with a fineliner.


The last few details may be a bit silly, but I thought they were fun. For his cape, I cut the shape out twice, once in black and once in red. I backed the red with the black, then used my i-Press tool's round handle to curl the edges of the cap inwards. 


I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today and can't wait to see how you use the new Impossible Box, Monster die set in the future!

Until next time,
R. Winn

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places!

i-crafter
i-crafter Instagram
i-crafter Art Facebook Page
i-crafter Pinterest
i-crafter YouTube

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

1 comment: