Friday, August 7, 2020

Kindred Stamps and Sassy & Crafty Under Water

Hello friends!


I started by stamping out each of the seahorses from "Seas The Day" and the mermaid from "Salty but Sweet" and then several of the seashells from each set. I colored them up with Copic Markers. For the mermaid, I covered her tail in Liquid Pixie Dust from Ink on 3 to give her an extra magical finish.


For the background, I used a Gel Press and alcohol inks with Sassy and Crafty's Mermaid Tails Stencil.  It took me a few times to get be happy with the results, this was really only the second time I've used my Gel Press! When I was happy, I used the Kindred Stamps Waves Craft Die on two of my prints and a light blue scrap paper to create 3 layers of waves for my seahorses and mermaid to swim in.


Next, I used a combination of DecoArt Texture Sand, Picket Fence Studios Brown Dahlia Paper Glaze, and Deco Foil White Pearl Metallix Gel on the bottom layer of the waves to create an ocean floor. I added a ton of  my colored up shells and included just a few starfish from an old embellishment pack. 


The end result is fun, and makes me happy to just look at!



I did manage a second "bonus card" using the Kindred Stamps "Seas The Day" stamp set and the Sassy and Crafty's "Salty but Sweet" stamp set too! I took the left over shells, and a Sassy and Crafty's Mermaid Tails Stencil "mess" up Gel Press print, and created a 3"x3" card. 


"Salty but Sweet" has these fun sentiments that can be build-able, or stand-alone. I stamped the "what the shell" sentiment on to the Gel Press print using Stazon Pigment ink to start the card. 


Then I added my shells that I had covered in Ink On 3's Liquid Pixie Dust and topped with Nuvo Crystal Glaze to add extra dimension to the shells. I sprinkled them across the card front, and mixing them with the shellfish embellishments. 


Again, the end result makes me smile, and they both could be used for a variety of occasions!

Be sure to head over to the Kindred Stamps blog to see the rest of the projects created by these two talented teams! Follow these links to grab the awesome stamp sets, (and lots of other goodies too): 

Until next time,
~R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment