Thursday, July 23, 2020

Pixie Dust

It's release week at Kindred Stamps and I have 3 cards that I am so excited to share with you! 

My first card shows off the new Pixie Dust Slimline Stencil paired with the Kindred Stamps Happily Ever After Glitter Gloss. I used Pixie Spray to hold my stencil down while I added the Glitter Gloss which allowed me to easily reposition the stencil from the top edge to the bottom edge. 

I used Catherine Pooler Blue Suede Shoes ink to stamp a sentiment from the new Pixie Dust stamp set and placed it in the center of the trails of pixie dust. 


For the adorable fairy from the Pixie Dust stamp set, I colored her up with Copic markers and added blue Wink of Stella to her wings which made them SO sparkly! I stamped out the "I believe in you" sentiment onto dark blue paper, and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Then I added the "pixie dust" above that and mixed a sparkly embossing powder with WOW Opaque Bright White powder. I positioned my fairy over the dust.


Next, I started to build my TV using the amazing new TV Time Die from Kindred Stamps. I began by blending brown ink over a burgundy piece of card stock to darken the paper to a "cherry wood" color. Then I used a darker brown ink smudged into a Tim Holtz 3D Woodgrain Embossing folder and put it through my die cut machine. I was REALLY happy with the end results.

Next, I used roughed up some gold foiled paper to make it look aged. I used this for the "dials" and other details of the TV. For the TV antenna, I pushed the ball end of the i-press in small circles on the back which made the paper kinda rounded like an old timey antenna! I went a head and repeated that process the entire TV, 


I wanted this to pop up on the inside of the card the i-crafter Hello Sunshine wiper die and mounted the TV to the front of it.



Next, I used these two adolecents from "Pixie Dust" for a slimline card using the Kraftgali Stitched Scallop Slimline dies I created a starry sky using Color Burst Powders and Crafter Companion glittery watercolors for them to fly off into.



For my last card, I paired the Kindred Stamps Dragon Scale Stencil with the crocodile from the Pixie Dust stamp set. To start, I dry embossed a bright green cardstock using the Dragon Scale stencil, then ink blended 2 darker shades of green over top.


I colored the crocodile from the Pixie Dust stamp set using Copic markers and put him on a circle die cut from The Stamp Doctor. I layered this over a 1.75" strip of dark brown that I had heat embossed "after a while crocodile" from the Pixie Dust stamp set.


I wrapped a bit of plain white twine around the brown strip. To finish the card off I used a few Hazelnut DoubleClickSkittles sprinkled across the stenciled scales!

The entire Kindred Stamps July release will be available Friday, July 24 at 8am PST/11am EST.  Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday!  Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

I hope you enjoyed my cards as much as I enjoy this set! See you next time.

~R. Winn

3 comments: