Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Playing with Dragons

I have a card showing off the new Sassy and Crafty "Plushies Happy Dragon" stamp set! Sassy and Crafty doesn't have a design team, but I happen to be friends with both of the amazing gals who own the company and wanted to show off my first card using their stamps. I am obsessed with the stuff they are putting out! I knew I had to have this set the second that I saw it. Naturally since it was dragons, it was the first one that I colored up (but I ordered several more from them, ha!)

I began by coloring up this little cutie with Copics, I used the Florescent colors to build my blends around, Amy of Sassy and Crafty used a lot of neon colors in her release makes and really inspired the colors I used. Next, I cut him out with my Scan N Cut. I also added some Ink on 3 Liquid Pixie Dust to make him really shiny!

 

I've been on a patterned paper kick (which is GREAT since I have enough to last 3 lifetimes!) and selected this one I picked up at Tuesday Morning, I can't remember the brand, but it is both foiled AND flocked! I decided my dragon would look great against the night sky. I decided to place him in the bottom right corner, and added a cloud made from a Marvy Snow Marker for him to sit on.


I stamped the sentiment in i-crafter Aqua Bay Hybrid ink I always heat set these inks since they are formulated a little differently making them need extra time to dry, OR to be heat set. After heat setting the sentiment, I cut it and a piece of silver glitter paper with banner dies from The Stamp Doctor.


I finished the card off with a few crystal embellishments, and popped it up on a card base from a box set I bought at Michaels.


Be sure to head over to see my friends Beth and Amy at Sassy and Crafty for some super sweet stamp sets, and fantastic stencils too!

Until next time,
~R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment