Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Background Builders

Hello again friends,

I get to share with you Witt and Sass's Stencils and Background builder stamps! These are amazing products that can help you create a supporting scene for a card, or like I will show you today, make a stunning card all on their own.


I started by using a sheet of white cardstock and the Mountain Background Builder stencil, I placed it towards the left of the card and used Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink to make my first mountain. Next, placed another mountain to the right and left of the original one. I used Catherine Pooler's  Eucalyptus ink for the accent, I wanted to have it look like our beautiful mountains here in Washington full of trees, but it could also depict shadows, water, snow, etc! Speaking of snow, I took an ink dauber and Stampin' Up White Craft ink and lightly created a layer of snow to top my mountains off.

Next, I took the Grassy Hill Background Builder Stamps, and stamped it a few times along the bottom edge of the mountains in Catherine Pooler's Lime Rickey ink. I used about 5 different Copic Green markers and dotted to create a grassy field below the mountains. I fussy cut the mountains out and started the sky.  

I picked a bright blue piece of paper, and placed the Layered Stencil Clouds on it. I used Stampin' Up White Craft ink and did several layers of it using an ink dauber to create a full coverage on the clouds. For the layer, I created some shadow using Catherine Pooler's Juniper Mist ink. 

To finish the card off, I chose a sentiment from the "You are Beautiful" stamp sets because I love the  powerful, kind sentiments this set has. I used the Catherine Pooler ink Something Borrowed since it matched my sky blue, and used Lawn Fawn's sentiment banner die cuts to put the sentiments on.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today, it was fun to make and I am so excited to use these stencils and stamps to build backgrounds for future cards. 

~R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment