Tuesday, July 24, 2018

You Slay Me

Every once in a while, I get a stamp set that makes me feel like a giddy teenager who lives off of soda, sitcoms, and any food I can find (had to fill that hollow leg!) Well, now my leg is no longer hollow and I can't drink soda without getting sick, but I still love a good sitcom!

This month, I received "Slay" from Kindred Stamps's July Release to showcase! This set takes me back to when vampire hunters and their friends could entertain me for hours.


My first project, I decided to go a bit Goth. I used a Sizzix embossing folder and dry embossed a sheet of grey cardstock. Next, I ran Ink On 3's embossing pad over the embossed paper and used Brutus Monroe's Ebony Embossing Powder to heat emboss the dry embossed sheet.


I colored my vampire hunter and her boyfriend (who happens to be a vampire!) with Copic markers. I've really been working on coloring blonde hair in more realistic shades, fewer yellows, more earth tones. I built a scene using some Halloween die cuts, the creepy tree and the gravestones really felt right for me. To finish the card, I used a die cut from Stampin' Up's Project Life set and picked out this perfect sentiment which was heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Alabaster powder.

My next project, I used my characters in planner, I kept it simple with just some washi tape between days, the characters and a few star stickers.


It is clean enough to see what I have on my plate, but still makes me smile when I see it!

Last, I had to showcase the hunter's sidekicks. Sidekicks come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they are mentors that are always willing to step in and help kick butt, sometimes they're your best friend who may look sweet and innocent, but will shank a vamp to keep you safe.


I used some Graphic 45 paper that I received from a friend for the background. I found some pretty orange twine and another patterned paper that was orange to build my layout, the sidekicks went on Stampin' Up Layering Square die cuts. 

I pulled the other banners from the Stampin' Up Project Life die cut pack and used them for the sentiment. You know that my favorite sentiments are buildable, this set does not disappoint on that front! Catherine Pooler's Manderine Spice ink matched the oranges on the card already, so I used it to stamp out the sentiment.

The sets from this month are a bit of a throwback, and we hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane with us. The Kindred Stamps team, myself included, hope that you've enjoyed reading about my card makes for this release. 

If you would like an opportunity to win shop credit please go and comment on everyone's blog post! One random winner will win a $10 shop credit, they will be contacted privately and announced in our Fan Club, Kindred Stamps Fan Club!


R. Winn Creates (You are Here!)

Until next time,

R. Winn

14 comments:

  1. Yes! This set is awesome!!!!!!!! I love, love, love your planner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Love the goth background !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set, one of my fave inspriations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards. And your planner is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these... 😄💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. You slayed it! I love the square card!The background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ‘you slay me’ card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background on the “slay” card is spot on! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used them in your planner! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all fantastic thank you xx

    ReplyDelete