Sunday, July 22, 2018

Simple but Beautiful

Hi again friends!

I'm back to share another fun digi from HeartcraftPaper, her beautiful Single Rose. I don't work with a ton of florals, but this one really caught my eye and I knew I wanted to work with it.

Began but coloring my rose in, I used various shades of Copic Reds and Greens to give it a natural look. I've never seen a flower that's all one shade or that the petals are even in color, I wanted to make sure mine reflected that. The dew drops were colored layering BG10 & B21 to cause an aquamarine color. I touched (barely!) a bit of Tim Holtz Distressed Stickles to the water droplets and a few petal pieces to give some shine!

  
My sentiment is from Brutus Monroe's Seriously Sentimental Stamp Set, I stamped with Catherine Pooler's Peppermint Scrub (available at Crafty Doodle Chick!) I filled in the hearts with a bit of black pen. The patterned paper is from a retired Stampin' Up DSP pad. I finished it off with some Stampin' Up rhinestones.

This card is super simple compared to a lot of things I've done lately, but I really wanted this beautiful rose to be the star!

I hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to go check out HeartcraftPaper

Thank you for stopping by.
~R. Winn

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautifully done card Rachel, it's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete