Thursday, May 3, 2018

Roll With Me!

Ok, so Beth Duff Designs released some absolutely fantastic sets last month, including this cute sushi set, Roll With Me. I absolutely love it.  The images (who doesn't thing a shrimp roll is adorable when it's smiling at you?), the fun sentiments, the cute fonts... it's all fantastic!

After the hustle and bustle of the release, I wanted to make some simple, cute cards with the No-Line Technique (yeah, I'm obsessed). These images are perfect for a beginner in this technique since they are nice and big and clean.


I broke out the Copic and Chameleon markers again for the no-line coloring with my InkOn3 Fade-Out ink. I was worried about being able to color the seaweed wrap and the eggs for the sushi but overall I am pretty pleased with it! I think my biggest suggestion for starting this technique is go slowly. The chopsticks were colored in skin tone colors.

For the background, I broke out some origami paper that I bought at Dasio a few months ago, because it was too pretty to leave behind. HA!

My next card was the same concept, cute images, origami paper, fun sentiment. I decided to make the soy sauce bottle have room in the bottle. In order to make them have the faces, I used my MISTI, lined up the stamp with my colored in image and used a black marker to get the faces stamped. 


I really wanted the shrimp to have the lines so I layered the colors on and then used my blender marker to blend them all together and have the clear/white portion of the shrimp exist.  I really wanted the sentiment to POP, so I chose a yellow from my Altenew quad to stamp onto a precut strip. 

I hope you all enjoyed my quick, simple cards and I can't wait to see what YOU make with these adorable stamps!

~R. Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment