Monday, April 23, 2018

Quick Fun Makes With Manatee Love!

So, one of the adorable sets that Beth Duff Designs released this Spring, is our Get Kids Crafty Exclusive, Manatee Love.  I NEEDED it, the second I saw it!


As you know, I've been obsessed with No-Line Coloring lately. I used my InkOn3 Fade-Out Ink and stamped out the manatees to color. I used a combination of Copic Markers and Brutus Monroe StyleFile Markers to color the cuties. I wasn't sure what I was going to with them, but they begged to be colored.


For this little heart hugging guy, I decided on a bookmark. My sister sent me a link to some bookmarks on Amazon, and I decided to give them a go!  This project probably took me 10-15 minutes total, INCLUDING the No Line Coloring.

I used my new Altenew Ink Cubes that I got from Crafty Doodle Chick (that link will get you 5% off your first purchase, and I will get points too!). I used various green and pink shades and stamped out the seaweed and clam shells. For the "Hi there", I stuck with my favorite sentiment ink, Versafine in black.

Next, I put my fussycut manatee on a piece of navy cardstock, and added some Nuvo drops around the outside to make it glossy, like water!

To finish it off, I took this fun rainbow ribbon from Fun Stamper's Journey (that's my friend Alex's link, she's pretty amazing and SO SO helpful. I bought it to use with all of my unicorn stamps, but I love the burst of color from the top of the bookmark. My family is full of readers, so I'm sure one of them will get to enjoy this cutie!


Next, I had to used this hilarious sentiment. I just love it. Well, it doesn't really fit on a bookmark does it?  I have a TON of pre-made card bases, so I snagged this aqua striped base from my stack.  I love the idea of this happy little guy brightening someone's rough day.

I used Kat Scrappiness's (my referral link!) Double Stitched Rectangle Die with Stampin' Up Brown Sugar Cardstock for the sentiment, which was stamped in Versafine.  Underneath, I layered a piece of gold cardstock that was pre-embossed with scales.

The left side of the card felt really empty to me, so I took my Kindred Stamps (you get 10% off your first purchase, and I get points!) Mermaid Princess Shaker Pack and some Tombow glue and built a shiny little something in the top left corner. I added a blue shell to the bottom right of the sentiment too. To finish the card off, I used my Kat Scrappiness Clear Droplet Sampler Pack for some air bubbles!


This card probably took me about 20 minutes, that may have been in part because I had too much fun building my shiny something. HEHE!

I hope you enjoyed my projects, and that they have inspired you too look around and find those quick projects that you can sneak between the duties of life! And that you aren't TOO annoyed by all my links, after all, a referral is the biggest complement you can give, and I only shop from the best. Good customer service, a friendly attitude, and a willingness to go the extra mile in the craft industry is SO important. I LOVE shopping from these small business and getting to know the people behind my craft addiction!

Until next time,

~R. Winn



3 comments: