Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thinking of You With Chrysanthemums

Hi all! I have a beautiful card to share with you today! I used the new i-crafter Chrysanthemum Blossom die set for a multi-purpose "Thinking of you" card.

I started by cutting out 3 flowers and 3 backers using 2 shades of yellow cardstock, 1 of each from a light yellow, 2 of each from a darker, warm yellow. Next I used my i-brush Blender Brushes to add a light coat of Mango Madness Hybrid Ink to the backers to create a two tone effect to the flowers once they were layered together. I used a fine tip, liquid glue to adhere the flowers to the backers.

Once they were glued together, I used the round end of the i-Press Burnisher and Pad to create some depth and curve in the Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers. Next, I layered purple cardstock over black to create the card front. I placed the first two Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers on the corners where I wanted them using foam adhesive, this gave extra dimension and allowed the curves I had created to have room to fall down to the card front. I placed the Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers hanging slightly off card front then I used my guillotine trimmer to cut the extra off parts of the flowers that were past the edges of the black cardstock.

Once the first two Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers were in place, I added the third to the top, between them again using foam adhesive. Next, I tucked my Chrysanthemum Blossom leaves in beneath the Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers. I only cut out 2 Chrysanthemum Blossom leaves, I chose to go with a lighter green for the outline vines and a darker for the body. Next, I took a few of the pieces of the Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers that had been trimmed off and added them back in strategic positions under the 3 flowers to fill out the Chrysanthemum Blossom flowers. I glued them using liquid adhesive, laying flat beneath the other flowers added more depth to the card.

Finally, I cut out the beautiful "thinking of you" that is in the Chrysanthemum Blossom die set from white cardstock and glued it in the open space that I had left for it and added the card front to a solid white card base. I love that this could be a "Just Because" card, or is thoughtful enough to use for a "Get Well" or "Sympathy" card too. These types of cards typically are difficult for me but this took me very little time and I enjoyed the process a lot!

I hope that you’ve enjoyed my project! If you’d like to see more of my projects, you can follow me here: blogInstagram, and Facebook page.
 
Until next time,
Rachel
 
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places!
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment