Sunday, August 1, 2021

i-crafter August Release

It's release times for i-crafter! I played with the new Mason Jar Box Card by Lori Whitlock dies and had so much fun doing it. You know my love for using up scraps right? Well all of this card was cut from my scrap stash. 

I started my jar using a light blue cardsock. The front panel of the jar I shaded with Copic markers and stamped the "Thank you" sentiment from i-crafter's Thankful Sentiments stamp set in the center. I left the back panel blank without shading so that it can be used to write a message on.

I tried to use some Cool Gray Copics on the lid but it didn't work out as well since the surface is so reflective. Once the lids were glued to the front and back pieces, I used twine to add a little bit of a rustic feel to the card. To do this, I added glued the back of panel and wrapped it a few times. The front piece, I tied a simple knot on the front, the back panel I tied it in the back so it appears to be wrapped around both pieces without a break. Next, I added two side panels and two bridge or center pieces that I cut out in that same light blue to keep that jar look intact.


For the flowers, I cut out all of the flower dies from each the set from several colors. I really love the look of the biggest flower with two petal layers. I added Copic shading to the center of the three largest petal sizes. I probably added a few more flowers than were needed... but I was having SO much fun!


After shading the larger flowers, I used the i-Press Burnisher and Pad to create some real dimension for the flowers. Here is a short tutorial showing what I did:


I also used the added some color depth with Copics then used the i-Press on the long leafy pieces of greenery. This gave them a slightly curled look. I burnished the front of one stem and the back of the other stem, I loved the way they looked when I finished.


Ok, because I'm obsessed with the end results, you get a ton of photos from all angles!


The back is just as pretty as the front!


The neat thing about this style of card is that it can be folded flat (I would have needed to burnish my sides a little more for it to stay on its own.) Had I not added flowers quite so far to the side, I could have slide it into an A2 envelope easily, but I think this one may need a 5.5"x5.5" envelope instead!


I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today and can't wait to see how you use the Mason Jar Box Card by Lori Whitlock die set in the future!

Until next time, 
R. Winn

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places!



Thank you so much for stopping by today!

2 comments: