Thursday, June 25, 2020

Happily Afterlife!

Hello Friends!

I am so excited to show you my card for the June Kindred Stamps Release! I used the new Happy Afterlife set and the Manor Haunts set for a really fun light-up card. 

I started by coloring up the ghosties in the car from Happy Afterlife. Normally, I don't write down my "recipes" but for this one, I did. Just for you guys. I used Copic Markers.

Ghosties:
BG32 - BG11 - BG10 - BG000 - BG0000

Car:
Exterior Black 100 - W10 - W7 -W5 - W3
Interior Special Black 110 - N7 - N4
Handle Bar Black 100 - C10 - C7


Next, I colored up the maid in the Manor Haunts, I did a dark blue-green blend for her dress and drew in some stripes. 



I also colored up a couple people from Science Geeks, this gal looked like a girl on her honeymoon, and the guy looked like he might be in love with her. I paper pieced both of their shirts from the Kindred Stamps Day in the Park Paper Pack.I added an adorable headband from Park Cuties to finish her off. For him, I added some Tonic Nuvo Glaze to his glasses to make them glossy.


Then I started to build! I knew that I wanted to make the ghosties light up, so I broke out a set of EZ-Lights. I stamped the Happy Afterlife image in black ink on my black paper, then cut out where the ghosts faces landed. I outlined where they would land on my card base and then built pockets around the lights using doubled up foam tape. This made sure the lights would be shining directly through the faces. 

Next, I used the purple damask style paper from the Day in the Park Paper Pack and cut about a 2 1/4" x 4 1/16" piece for the right side, and added a small strip of black to the bottom so it gave a floor and wallpaper effect. I placed my happy couple on the right side in front of the wallpaper, and the maid to the left of them, waiting for the car to come up.


Next I added a black banner with the sentiment "Happily Ever Afterlife" on it above my happy couple and a "press me" button over the button for the EZ-Lights. I finished the card off with a few sequin bats that I got in the dollar section of Target years ago!

And then... the magic of the ghostly glow...


The entire Kindred Stamps June release will be available Friday, June 26 at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!


Beware of ghosts!

~R. Winn

1 comment: