Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Secret Agent


The new Kindred Stamps "Secret Agent" stamp set was so fun to work with! I made two cards to show off this set, I hope you enjoy!

I colored up the Secret Agent using Copics. I decided to color him different ways to show off how he fits well in different skin tones and colors, he stands out because he's handsome, but he blends in because he fits into any crowd. (Okay, I overthink things...) 

My first agent is colored as a blonde, who fair skinned, I really hope he wears sun block so he doesn't burn! For this card, I wanted to used the martini glass stamp that comes with the set, you could fairly easily mask the gun out of the agent's hand and put the martini glass there instead... but masking isn't my favorite thing, heat embossing is. So, I used Ink on 3's Juicy Clear Embossing Ink, and a green embossing powder from Lindy's Gang to heat emboss a patterned paper and created a side panel for the card. I finished the panel off by adding a small amount of Nuvo Claze to each glass, making them appear to be filled with liquid. 


I used a black cardstock for the base and added my panel, then layered my "Stay Classy" sentiment (LOVE that font!) which was stamped on some silver, mirrored paper that my grandma found at a garage sale. The silver paper is highly glossy, so I used my MISTI and stamped it out using Stazon Pigment ink in blue, to match his suit. I cut the sentiment down to a long strip using my My Sweet Petunia Cut Align and a Pen Blade to make sure it was nice and even. 

After placing my agent in the middle, I felt like I needed a few embellishments, so, I reached for my Silver Love From Lizi Peel Offs, and added 3 to the side that didn't have the panel to balance it out. Last, I added a couple gunmetal/silver embellishments that I got from CTMH years ago. To get a clear picture of the sentiment, the picture lost a lot of the luster and shine that the martini glasses have, but this was a really fun card to make.


My next card, was entirely inspired by the "Confidential" and "Top Secret" sentiments in "Secret Agent". I wanted to make a file folder card! I used Kraft paper and made a card base. Next, I took my new We R Memory Keepers TAB punch, and punched out 2 tabs in Kraft paper. I used some double sided adhesive and added the tabs to the top right corner of my card base. Every file folder that I've ever used always have these scored lines to allow you to expand it past what you really should, I added score lines on my folder using The Stamp Doctor's A2 Card Maker's Scoring Board


Next I took my sentiments and stamped them using Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red ink. I figured real "top secret" folders have probably been stamped multiple times. I used some black alcohol ink and added some "soda" stains. Last, I added my black hair, tanned agent to the cover to complete it. 


A top secret file isn't complete without documents right? I cut a piece of white cardstock down to fit inside the folder, and stamped the " Birthday... Happy Birthday" sentiment at the top, like a document heading in Catherine Pooler Black Jack ink. Normally, I would glue a piece like this into the card, but because of the theme, I left this one free. 

The entire Kindred Stamps March release will be available Friday, March 27 at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

I hope you've enjoyed my cards, and look forward to seeing what you make using "Secret Agent"!
~R. Winn


6 comments:

  1. Great cards. The file folder shape is perfect for this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I know what I'm ordering on Friday. You betcha!

    Second card is so creative. Definitely not one I'd have come up with but so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these! And I need this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super fun! I love the file folder one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel! What wonderful creations you have! I am especially fond of the file folder card

    ReplyDelete