Monday, February 11, 2019

Snow Day Card Making!

Hello again friends!

I am super excited to share the card I've made today, my little sister, Addison, asked me to make her a card and "surprise her" with the theme. Normally, I don't get to work with many stamps that aren't for team projects, that doesn't mean that I don't collect other's that I want to eventually work with! Today was a snow day from work, we have a bit of a winter storm going on here in Washington right now. Card making felt like the perfect thing to break up the movies and cleaning that have been running my life the last 4 days!

Addison is obsessed with unicorns, and I have accumulated a ton in my collection. Today, I broke out the "Be a Unicorn" set from The Greeting Farm. I absolutely LOVE the personality on these unicorns. I decided to do a watercolor technique that I learned at Creativation from Catherine Pooler using her ink pads.  On the unicorn on the left, I used All That Jazz and Be Mine, the unicorn on the right is Grape Crush and It's a Girl. I used the opposite color of the body on the girl's horns, then added a touch of Wink of Stella.


For the background, I used Altenew's Kind Confetti that I purchased from Kraftgali.  I stamped the confetti 3 times. I started with Catherine Pooler's Lime Rickey, then Something Borrowed, and finished with Royal Treatment. I love the fun pattern it created.  I went ahead and added the sentiment using silver Encore ink, "Do what makes you sparkle" completely fits my little sister's personality. 

I built off a white card base, then added some pink Mirror Card Stock from The Stamp Doctor. I added a strip of silver sparkly ribbon, then added my stamped base and adorable unicorns!

I hope that you enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it! Hopefully, Addison will like it too!

~R. Winn





1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card Rachel! I know Addison will love it! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete