Thursday, June 18, 2020

i-crafter Meets Sassy & Crafty

I am so excited to show off my card for the i-crafter and Sassy and Crafty blog hop.  I used the Sassy and Crafty stamp set "Sassy Girls - Sweet" and colored them up really brightly inspired by neon colors and comic books using Copic Markers! 
Next, I created a background with Rina K Electro Pop inks. I started with the the i-crafter Cosmic Flare stencil and the red ink, I flipped it after the first coverage and used the orange ink next. I put the Sassy and Crafty Comic Book 2 Stencil down the center and used the yellow ink last. 

Next, I die cut "OMG" out of the top of the background using i-crafter's "Comic Words" dies, I cut the "OMG" out of black glitter paper as well. I covered the back of the background piece with acetate where the letters were cut out to create a window for my shaker card. Next, I took the outline of the black glitter letters and glued them inside the "OMG" of the background to give it a good anchor so you could see the shaker clearly; I also added the center piece of the "O" back in, I used my pieces and built the layers to place the center in the correct location.


In order to build a "box" with the foam tape for my shaker bits, I used a blender pencil to trace my "OMG" after I die cut it, that left a clear imprint of where the "OMG" would land on the card base. This was my guide as I used doubled up foam tape to build my box. I knew that I planned to use fine glitter in my mix, so I tried to make sure there was not any sort of gapping from one piece to the next. 

I filled my box with a mix of fine glitter from Tonic, and a shaker pack mix from Kindred Stamps. I tried to mix them together a bit before I closed my card up so that when I shook it, both showed through. I mayyyy have been a bit heavy handed with my glitter, maybe. I had already added foam tape around the rest of my card base, so I peel the backing off and lined my background up so that the box filled with glitter and bits showed through the "OMG" windows. 



It looked fantastic! I added my girls to the from of my card, then placed a few dome dot things from shaker packs that I got from Kindred Stamps over the from. I wanted to add a few more details to the girls. I touched up both of their lips with Clear Wink of Stella. For the girl on the right, I put Nuvo Crystal Glaze on her glasses, and cherry to add some shine. For the girl on the left, I wanted less dimension and just the shine to be added, so I took a fine paint brush and pained the Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the donuts. The pink donut, I had colored the sprinkles white with a white gel pen. The brown donut, I wanted the drizzled frosting to stand out in some way, I tried to color it with different gel pens and didn't love any of the results. Then I tried white Nuvo drops painted on with a fine paint brush, it wasn't perfect because the brush I had was a bit old and the bristles were spreading, but I was pleased with the results. I added the clear to the chocolate parts as well. 


Thank you for joining us for our fun collaboration between i-crafter and Sassy and Crafty! Each company will be giving away a $10 gift certificate to one lucky hopper. Be sure to visit each blog and comment by June 25th at 11:59 PM PST in order to enter. We hope you'll enjoy the comic inspired projects our teams have come up with. 

Rachel (You are here)

I hope that you've enjoyed my take on these fantastic products from i-crafter and Sassy and Crafty! Be sure to take a look at each store and find some goodies that need to come home with you.

Until next time, thank you!
~R. Winn



18 comments:

  1. OMG is right! I LOVE this! Great coloring and love the glitter and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! So vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cool!! So many awesome details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent coloring! Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just super awesome!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat card right outta comic book. Love the shaker. Had a hard time reading the print, gettin old I guess, but really enjoyed the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying something! I adjusted it so hopefully it's a bit easier to read! And I am glad you liked my card!

      Delete
  7. A super cute card. Love the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun shaker card! Love that 'wow' and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card pops! Wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An OMG Shaker card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete