Wednesday, March 21, 2018

New Digi Brand - Amy Doodles Stamp Co

 Hello again friends! 

I am back (I know, three blogs in two weeks??? Amazing!) I'm super excited to share with you a new friend's digi stamp shop, Amy Doodles Stamp Co! Her Chubby Unicorn stamp was what made me reach out to her, but then she released her Magical Friends Savings Pack and clearly I had to have it!

Amy is a real sweetheart and I've enjoyed getting to know her and she is SO encouraging and full of tips for improving my coloring skills (she's an amazing colorist, and I've learned a TON from her).  My first card, I colored in her crest background, it was the most daunting task, but SO amazing once it was done. I love that she included multiple background with her designs. 

I printed out the badger and colored him in, using Copics and Brutus Monroe StyleFile markers, I made a few mistakes but ended up being pleased with the overall look. Her little accessories made finishing the card super easy. I went with the encouraging sentiment in the pack and broke out my Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss in Sahara Gold for a touch of magic (this stuff is super fun and sticks immediately, it does NOT come off).  Last, I grabbed a few amber/gold rhinestones for the corner.


Next, I wanted to use the Raven, he was a little tricky to color, black isn't the easiest thing to color. But between Amy and my amazing friend Marcia, they encouraged me and I feel pretty pleased with it.  I used a really fun Harry Potter washi tape I found on Etsy for the background.  One of the neat sentiments included in the set shows the different defining characteristic of each house, I chose to included all 4 houses and colored the "S", "H", and "G" in a light grey. The "R" I colored in a pretty blue. I chose to fussy cut my Raven and his magic sparkles out, This allowed me to position the magic how I wanted!

All in all, I've had so much fun with this set, and still have two more characters colored from it, and a chubby unicorn to make a card with!

I hope you'll check out Amy's shop HERE. I would love to know what you make with her designs!

~R. Winn

1 comment: