Thursday, January 28, 2021

Kindred Stamps Earth Day Birthday Card!

Hi friends!

I am excited to share my card showing off the new Kindred Stamps Earth Day stamp set. I love these little robots and wanted to let them have a little fun in space for my cards.

I began by coloring them with Copic markers. For the white robot, I used VERY light colors in the Blue and Cool Gray families to create a  light shadow affect for her body. Then I covered her face with Nuvo Crystal Glaze I fussy cut both robots out and used a black water-based marker on the edges.


Next, I created a space background with watercolors, I used a mixture of brands, but was really impressed with the new colors I got recently from HydraColour. I used a mixture of different white watercolors to make some little "clouds" like the yellow robot was being propelled by something. I mounted my watercolored background onto a black card base.

I stamped the binary "happy birthday" and "(Happy Birthday)" sentiments from Earth Day onto the Squiggle Mat Die from Stamp Anniething and trimmed it down to put on the top corner of my watercolored background. I used a black paper and stamped in Hero Arts Unicorn Ink. I was pretty pleased with the way it stamped since this was my first time using this ink.


I popped my robots up on some thin foam tape and placed them on the card. To finish my card off, I added some clear droplet pieces from the Unicorn Legend Shimmerz to embellish the card. It's hard to photograph but the card is covered in a fine shimmer creating a magical affect.


The new Kindred Stamps Earth Day set will probably end up being my favorite stamp set ever! I love these sweet little robots and the sentiments are super fun, I chose the happy birthday sentiments because I seem to always be short on birthday cards. I look forward to see what you create with these cuties when they make it to your craft room.

The entire Kindred Stamps January release will be available Friday, January 29 at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

Until next time,

~R. Winn

1 comment: