Wednesday, April 22, 2020

En Pointe!

Hello again friends! 

I'm so excited to show you the light up box card that I made using Kindred Stamps new "En Pointe" stamp set! This set is full of the cutest little critters doing ballet!

I started by coloring up the ballerinas in realistic colors using Copics. I gave them each their own colored tutus, and for the unicorn, I went with bright bold colors. After they were colored I used Ink on 3 Liquid Pixie Dust painted on with a small paintbrush to accent their tutus, headbands and shoes.

I decided that I wanted to make a box card using The Stamp Doctor's A2 Card in a Box #2 die set to make a stage for my dancing cuties.  I started with a tan cardstock and cut 3 of the panels for the card using it. Then I cut the 4th out of black cardstock.

I built my card and used a champagne bokeh (I think that's how it's spelled!) scrapbook paper to create panels on the 3 outward facing tan panels. For the front top panel I stamped the "Dance Your Heart Out" sentiment from "En Pointe."



For the inside, I used the Kindred Stamps Woodgrain Stencil, I ink blended Catherine Pooler Sand Castle and Over Coffee inks to create a wood floor for the stage. I did this on the 3 tan panels for their inner facing side. I added the same scrapbook paper to the 3 inner facing tan panels too. I used the stencil on the 3 strips I was  placing my ballerinas on too.


For the back of the stage, I sprayed Tonic Nuvo Mica Mist in Fog on the black cardstock. After the card was built, I decided I wanted to make it light up so I took a second layer of the black card stock and sprayed it. Then I used a star hole punch and punched out a few stars in the second layer. 



I used Pear Blossom Press EZ Lights that come pre-wired with 3 led lights. I chose where to put the lights and fed them through the back of the box securing them with glue dots and the wires with washi tape. The Power Pack battery holder and button for the EZ-Lights is secured in the bottom of the back half of the card using larger glue dots. I covered this with another panel of the tan woodgrain stenciled cardstock. I marked the button with a "Press here" stamp from Heffy Doodle's Interactively Yours stamp set.


For the back, I cut down a piece of white cardstock and used i-crafter Candy Coated ink to stamp the "I hope your birthday is" and "en pointe" sentiments from "En Pointe" leaving space for the card to be written on as well.



The entire Kindred Stamps April release will be available Friday, April 24 at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to subscribe to the Kindred Stamps blog to see a daily line up of sneak peeks from our amazing Design Team and see the full product release on Friday! Come join the Fan Club and release event to be part of the release fun, and you may just win some Kindred Stamps credit!!

Until next time,

~R. Winn


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this! Definitely need that new set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I LOVE these critters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! I just ordered this stamp set. 💜

    ReplyDelete