Saturday, February 23, 2019

Long Hair, Don't Care!

It's no secret that I love princesses, fairytales, and magic. Today's card covers a little of all of those!

I got to play with Kindred Stamps new "Long Hair, Don't Care" stamp set and made my sweetie a Valentine (ok, maybe it was made after Valentine's Day... and he still hasn't actually received it... don't judge me!).

I started by coloring my characters up using Copic markers. I wanted to make her hair pale in some places and GLOW in others so I used extremely varied colors from the Y family. The horse I wanted to look more off-white with a light blonde/tan mane so I chose soft Earth tones to color him with.

My background, I built using the Kindred Stamps Forest Stencil which comes with the negative cuts too so masking it off to do the sky was nice and easy. The Catherine Pooler inks, which have fast become my favorites, I used Eucalyptus and Marti Gras for the trees, and Skylight for the sky. For the ground I used a green Distress Oxide. 

I layered my built background onto a yellow paper from Lawn Fawn's Really Rainbow paper pad which I added a stitched border using The Stamp Doctor's A2 Stitched Layers. I finished my card off with a banner from the same yellow and the sweet sentiment in Catherine Pooler Midnight.

I hope you've enjoyed and I hope my husband likes his card! HEHE! Don't forget to go snag "Long Hair, Don't Care" from Kindred Stamps!

~R. Winn

1 comment:

  1. This set should be a lot of fun. But 8 think I have already said that about other KS sets.

    ReplyDelete