Saturday, August 25, 2018

You are, Unstoppable

Hello again friends!

I'm so excited to share with you some empowering cards I made using Beth Duff Designs's Unstoppable stamp set. I love this set's feminine images (of all types!) and moving sentiments. Clearly, our customers do too since it has been one of our top sellers!

 I wanted to keep my cards fairly clean and simple to let the stamps showcase themselves. I started by coloring my ladies in using Prismacolor colored pencils. I love the contrast that I was able to build for their shirts, and the neat "in" hair colors that I managed to capture (I think).

For my first card, I used a Stampin Up DSP paper pad for the background, and tiered some charcoal glitter tape on each side. 


I attempted to stamp the sentiment in red Delicata ink... it didn't turn out very legible, so I stamped it a few extra times to thinken it, and went over the red with Versafine black, giving a shadow effect. I mounted the sentiment on red DSP from SU.

My next card may be my favorite. This girl reminds me of my 18 year old sister, Alexa, and I smile every time I see it. I went with a bright purple shirt and a kind of rose gold hair for her, which are both things Alexa would never be seen in I'm pretty sure ha!


I used more SU DSP, but layered a strip of black cardstock in there to help the girl really POP. The sentiment has become a bit of a creed for me the last few weeks and I felt it really holds it's own against the patterned paper.

These cards may be a bit simple, but I think they are powerful. I hope you've enjoyed my take on Unstoppable!

Thank you for joining us for the Beth Duff Designs August blog hop! We are happy to have you hopping along with us! Our team and guest designers have created some amazing projects to share with you. Hop along to get some BDD inspiration. 

Please if you end up not being able to participate in the blog hop, let me know so I am not trying to hunt you down for your link. Thank you! Have a great week!

Fawn 
Kel 
Rachel (You found me!)

Thanks for dropping by!

~R. Winn

4 comments:

  1. Rachel these are amazing! This probably my favorite set! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background patterns! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel as always fabulous cards. You are always inspiring. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome cards! Love how you colored with the pencil for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete