Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Next Space Explorers!

Guys... guys... GUYS! I am SO excited to share these projects! Kindred Stamps released their new set The Next Space Explorers stamps on May 25th, and to say that I geeked out a lot!

I had so much fun coloring these guys using the no-line technique and Ink On 3's Fade-Out ink, and Copic markers. 

I started by making my first foiled card! I was so nervous that I was going to screw things up. I used Altenew's Warp Speed Stencil that I picked up at Crafty Doodle Chick, DecoFoil's glue pen, and red foil. 

I also tried out my Tonic Studio's Silver Mica spray to create the middle layer of paper for my card, and the sentiment is stamped on a piece too!


My android and blind dude are totally best friends and there for each other through everything!

Next, the Captain is a fan of Earl Grey tea and to me it felt perfect for a gift card holder (some lucky nerd is going to get a Starbucks gift card with it!)


I got him colored up and mounted him on piece of patterned paper from the Sunny Studios Rainbow Bright pack, again from Craft Doodle Chick!


I finished him off by giving him a little shadow with a grey watercolor marker. 

My last card is the chief security officer... He was a little more difficult for me to color, and it shows. But I tried my best, and used the colors I had! I will say, I am pleased with the silvery look of his weapon and sash!


To keep him the hero of the card but not have him too dull, I used the new paper stack that one of the gals in the Kindred Stamps Fan Club shared, and I clearly needed, Echo Park's Space Academy! I grabbed my previously unused Stampin' Up Starbust die (seriously, I've had it for like two years guys...) and cut my patterned paper with it and backed it with dimensionals. I mounted it on a piece of black cardstock.

My last touch was grabbing a random banner I had in my hoarding stash... I may need actual help guys... to use for the sentiment. I love the buildable sentiments that Kindred Stamps does and this one may be one of my favorites! I finished it off with a nice DoublClick Skittle that pulls out the red planets on the paper.

I hope that you enjoyed these projects as much as I enjoyed making them! If you haven't been lucky enough to buy Kindred Stamps, you can set up your account using my referral link and get 10% off http://i.refs.cc/9VcMQuB9?u=1527128718946!

~R. Winn Creates


3 comments:

  1. Loving your cards!! Thanks for sharing Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous! You have also rocked that no-line coloring!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards hun, love them xx

    ReplyDelete