Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Jurassic Era

Hi again friends!

Can you guess what is happening this weekend? An awesome release at Kindred Stamps! We are trying our first ever blog hop! Make sure you follow along and comment on each blog included. The prize is awesome and you get full details on the Kindred Stamps Blog!

I was SO "Dino Park" is a fantastic set that is inspired by the Jurassic Park movie series... and I can't get enough... for real. I was SO excited when Audra gave me it for this release!


I started this card with one thing in mind... pooooooo. It took a lot of mixing, since apparently I don't own anything brown, but eventually I got the right combination of Pearl Pens and Nuvo drops to make a giant pile... I will admit I'm slightly disappointed that it cracked but I think that ultimately it adds to the character of the card.  Next I took some Gelatos (again, I don't own browns!) and mixed purple and green to make a nice poop color that I smeared into the cracks and over the top.  I think it looks pretty, poopy!


The card background I made from daubing Distress Oxide inks onto white card stock. I made sure the dino prints got put in the correct spots to show he was there. Ian took me a little bit of coloring, I'm super unsure of coloring anything other than the pastiest of skin-tones. I'm SO happy with how he came out though!
Lastly... that sentiment... it completely describes how I feel in life right now. LOL But I used the Tuxedo Black MementoLuxe to give it a touch of texture and finished filled the tag hole with some Nuvo drops, I two-toned it by using the orange glitter first, then dropping some of the clear in the center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also really wanted to show off little Ms. Raptor... because duhhh. I have been trying to branch out and do tags and things that are out of my comfort zone, and frankly are less time consuming than a card for me.





I started by finding a tag I liked, I have a drawer full and can never seem to make a dent in it, I think the one I used came from a Stampin' Up kit.  So many things are square or rectangle that when I saw the circle this vision popped in my head.  I got something SUPER fun from Zulily (of all places!) Metallic Creative Medium! So I had to use it... clearly.  I grabbed the bronze, because there is something Jurassic Park about the metal bronze, it just goes for me.  I used a Ranger stencil called "Small Bubbles" and just covered the tag.



Next, I grabbed about 5 of my darker green Copic markers, and one grey. I colored small circles and spotches with one color after another to give her skin a reptile feel. With the lightest green I used, I went over all of the image. I had to fussy her out because my Brother Scan 'n Cut and I were fighting... but I took my 2" circle punch and cut her down to fit on the tag.

Last touches were the sentiment, I tried to stamp it on the tag, that didn't work well. So, another of my endless supplies is little tiny tags for sentiments, again, I'm pretty sure this came from an SU kit. I took my good old standard Memento black ink and stamped it, then used SU dimensionals to bump it off the tag. I grabbed a mossy green ribbon (would've LOVED a brown, but again with my theme of no brown anything...) and topped off the tag.

I'm sure you can all guess I will be investing in some brown ribbon, Nuvo drops, and whatever else I can get my hands on to add to my stock!







I hope you've enjoyed my creations, and now I want you to check out my friends and teammates creations!

Rachel Winn - You are here!!

Again, thank you all for taking the time to read my long winded blog! Until next time... RUN!

~R. Winn


48 comments:

  1. So wonderful that you used supplies on hand!! Great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it is me Robin Francini aka Ivanna Jeer YouUP, Ivanna is my altered ego for roller derby. Sorry I had just finished my duties for derby and didn't switch back,LOL Rachel, you card and tag are adorable, Thank You for sharing them!!

      Delete
  3. I think your card turned out perfectly. And your tag is awesome. Loving this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! My son loves Jurassic Park - he just watched them for the first time about a year ago (since most of them were made before he was born).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jurassic Park is so classic and so loved. You did great on these projects! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've have definitely needed a card like this before, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! Our family loves the Jurassic Park movies... great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I bet you never thought you'd have to find a way to create a pile of poop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had plans haha haha! The lack of browns only halted progress temporarily!

      Delete
  9. Very cute! I never would have believed that tags were out of your "comfort zone"! It looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always feel too small to me. How do you fit it all on there?! Thank you for the kind words Becca!

      Delete
  10. Great set of stamps and I just love the humour in the card you have created. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say I have never seen a card like this!lolVery creative.I don't love the words on the front but I'm sure it was in the movie!I guess for the right person.But you did a good job.I do love mostly all of the stamp set.Thanks for sharing your card an techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quote is definitely from the movies... And oddly spoke to my mindset the past few weeks. Creating that big poo was therapeutic! 😂😂 you could always "bleep" that word out with some stars if you felt you wanted to use it!

      Delete
  12. I Love the big pile of poo ������

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two cute projects -- I love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nothing compared to your amazingness but thank you so much!

      Delete
  14. I actually think the crack in the poop is perfect! I wouldn't change anything about that yuck pile of poop! It is perfect! And I really love the tag. Those would make PERFECT party favor tags for a dino party, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mixed media poo! Lol. Loving this set too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you said that, as I made it I was like "so this is why people like mixed media!" Hahaha

      Delete
  16. These are so much fun! Love your great use of the different materials to make the little pile. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever examples. Love the poop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the examples, what a great release.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the jurrasic park stamps! Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on the card and the tag! I like when I unleash my inner scientist to try to create things.. your scientist did a great job creating poop. (That sounds funny to type that out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I had an inner scientist!!! LOL thank you!!

      Delete
  21. I just love the projects you made, the big pile of pooo is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete