Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Release Day at Kindred Stamps!! - Planner Stamps: Vacations

Hi friends!!!

I have a VERY exciting couple of things to share with you today!  First, my very sweet friend, Audra, owner of Kindred Stamps has asked me to become part of her creative team, the Kindred Stampers! Thus far, we are a small group of gals who love her quirky, magical stamps.  Many of my projects use them and I'm so excited to get to share more with you!

Today is release day at Kindred Stamps!  Audra is launching her new line of planner stamps and she decided, like any good DisNerd, that they would be based off the most magical of all vacation spots, Disney! Get this awesome set here: Kindred Stamps: Vacations.



As you can see, I was a TOUCH excited about it! now, as I'm in the last week before my anniversary trip to Walt Disney World, what a better way to layout our plans?? 

I broke out my Erin Condren planner, my Japan Disney markers, my ink spots, and my Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black from Stampin' Up! Then I set off looking at the plans we made, and using my excitement to let my creative juices flow... I won't lie, not every day in my planner is pretty, some of them are very clearly hot messes of colors and stamps and the excitement overpowered the creativity!


I am pretty excited about the awesomeness of that castle and fireworks set up though! That adorable Mickey head? You know the one you're looking for on the set but not finding?  I took the large circle for the head and the smaller circle afterwards to make two mousey ears! Oh clever me!

Now, I know I've got some awesome color combos going on here, time to shout out to So Suzy Stamps and her awesome ink bites!!! I use these things for my planner constantly, the bright colors make sure that my planner isn't dull... because that would be very unRachel... and we CAN'T have that!

Now my next fun trick?? That little dot? It makes a really nice pattern that's similar to say... Minnie Mouse's dress when used repeatedly!  Our second day at WDW will be all about the Magic Kingdom, we'll definitely be having churros and a Dole whip so those clever stamps made their way on the page!  I love the words she's included... Fastpass, Reservation, Memories, and the beautiful Once Upon a Time were my most used for this trip!!


Now... I have to admit, I do have one "cheat" day planned with one of my amazing gal pals at Harry Potter World and Universal. (SHHH Don't tell on me!) So the fun little roller coaster made an appearance! 

I also took the fun little fireworks to make a background for our anniversary day... My excitement (and lack of a hard surface got the better of me trying to stamp the castle... but what can you do? 

Ok, so I know some of you may be curious about how I kept my stamping inside the cute little boxes in my planner? My answer? Post It Notes!  I lined the edges of the box with Post It Notes, stamped my little heart out and then peeled them off!


We have some fun things planned like the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Voyage of the Little Mermaid (like the swim suit Disneybound?? hehehe) and of course the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. I love using my stamps to tell the story of my day. 

Finally, I used my pretty castle and Tropical Teal ink bite from So Suzy to create a simple background.  

Creativity doesn't have to be complex, it isn't always pretty, but it should always be fun! 

Don't forget to hop over to Kindred Stamps to pick up this set, and several other amazing stamps and creative tools!

Love,
R. Winn

5 comments: